Organic Dreaming...

I have always wanted to have the space to be able to support my family mostly from the land.  Some chickens, a cow or two, maybe some goats, and oh my goodness.... THE GARDEN!  I want a fairy garden, overflowing with different vegetables all throughout the season and enough to can and keep us fed through the winter.

The idea of a wild, untamed garden full of fruits and vegetables sounds so very appealing, and then I run across a picture like this and my organized soul aches with a desire for this even more!

Credit to: www.offgridworld.com/

Can you imagine such a bounty?!  It's gorgeous.  I look at a picture like this the same way some women look at a picture of a closet full of Gucci and swoon.  Yes, I'm weird.  No, I don't care.



I recently stumbled across this blog post that BLEW MY MIND!  $300 to your own underground, winter greenhouse.  Can you imagine??  Crisp lettuce and vegetable all year round, fresh-picked each morning from your garden?  I highly recommend reading this post all about it.


Credit to: http://www.treehugger.com/
Isn't that amazing!  I absolutely cannot wait to have the space to be able to do something like that.

I hope one day to be able to have enough of a food surplus to know my family will be taken care of until the next season, and then give away the rest.  The altruist in me wants to feed all of the hungry mouths on the planet, but knowing that is impossible, just feeding who I can with the spoils of my garden would help to fill that hole at least a little bit.

Are there any big dreams you have for your family and/or your future homestead?  I would love to read about them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment